Zimbabwe hip-hop - Nicko Tee - Mbare

Zimbabwe hip-hop - Nicko Tee - Mbare

Postby tanya » Wed, Nov 09, 2011

I am Nickolson Tinashe Hlapo a.k.a Nicko Tee. I am a dancehall artist age 22. I started music at a tender age but i never knew that i can b a musican coz i always thought I am a better footballer. I wrote this song coz that's where I was born. It's the mocked place that produces, apart from tabloid headlines, most emperorz in all kinds of industries in Zimbabwe.

If you like check out http://www.hiphop-profile.com/zimtracs for more tracks and clips from Zim.

In case you don't know what "Mbare" is about:

Mbare is a high-density southern suburb of Harare, Zimbabwe. It is home to one of the country's largest soccer team, Dynamos, also known to its fans as "Dembare." It was the first high-density suburb (township), being established in 1907. At that time, it was located near the city cemetery, sewage works, and abattoir. It was originally called Harare (Hariri) Township, a name later on used for the capital city itself. Harare is a corruption of Haarari, meaning 'One who never sleeps'.

Mbare's most famous attraction is the large food and vegetable market, Zimbabwe's busiest bus station and a second-hand clothing market.

Significant portions of Mbare were destroyed during the operation Murambatsvina, locally nick-named "tsunami", in May 2005. Mbare's features include Rufaro stadium as well as Stodart hall, which houses bodies of state veterans ahead of burial.

a preston rolls video
tanya
Site Admin

Return to blackboard